4.01.2008

Slipping Up

So this blog is probably not what you're expecting to see from a triathlon training blog. But because I'm such an honest person, I didn't want you to think that training for triathlons is all fun and games...actually I hate to admit it but I had to take 3 days off from training for a special reason...let's just say i've had intestinal "slippage" for about 3 days straight...it's been FUN!! basically i ate some very rich fettucini alfredo (it's not my hub's fault...but he did make it and my bod can't handle a lot of butter apparently) last tuesday then had stomach pains for the next two days, then thought i was getting better but my intestines were IRRITATED with me so everything I ate aggravated them...especially from friday nite thru sunday morning...finally i had to get to the bottom of this (no pun intended) so my wonderful hubby took me to the med clinic sunday morning and the doc said i needed to drink fluids (not beer or wine or liquor unfortunately) for 24 hours then eat BRATs (not little kids or bratwurst but Bread/Rice/Applesauce/Toast--the diet of IDEAs=> Incontinent Degenerative Elderly Athletes)....so today i'm finally able to eat semi-normal food....so i'm hoping everything "goes" okay...and maybe tomorrow i'll get to run, no pun intended. (Sorry this is a run on sentence but i do as i see fit)

No comments: