4.13.2008

So What's With the Name?

I'm sure you stay awake at nite, pondering the question "Why Iron Oxide?" So I will answer it now so you can get some long needed rest...

I've recently discovered triathlon podcasts. Never even thought they existed but boy am I glad that a few people have taken time out of their busy lives to entertain and motivate triathletes!

To name a few that I absolutely LOVE to listen to: Get Your Geek On Triathlon Podcast with Iron Will and Iron Kahuna, SimplyStu, and TriGeek...

So I have been absolutely hooked on Get Your Geek On---they make me laugh, they inpsire me, they remind me that I am not alone, they keep me going when I don't want to train because it's too damn cold outside...and they have also inspired the thought within me of doing a full Ironman. Their podcasts are powerful. (THANK YOU Iron Will and Iron Kahuna!!!!)

So I told my hubby about the podcast and mentioned that they have inspired me to try an Ironman someday...I also mentioned that in order to do it right, I'd need to come up with an Iron nickname to make it official (just like they have)...So while we were mountain biking several weeks ago, we tossed around a few names, then my husband says "What about Iron Oxide?" (He's hilarious---he comes up with the wittiest stuff sometimes---okay, a lot of the time...)

And so the name was created. As far as when I might do an Ironman...well, probably not until 2010 so at least I'll have done 2 half-ironmans by then.

For now, I'm loving training and I'm REALLY looking forward to doing my first half-ironman on August 10th. Good Nite!

No comments: