3.31.2008

The Challenge

So I was flipping thru the latest issue of Triathlete magazine (April 08) admiring the beautiful curves of the Specialized tri bikes. I used to have a Cannondale MultiSport tri bike but sold it in TN when I discovered that I was terrified of going down steep hills on a tri bike (tri frames tend to have an "aggressive" posture causing you to lean over the handle bars in order to save your quads for the run). I hadn't really entertained the thought of getting another tri bike until I saw how cool some of the new tri bikes are now.

My hubby enjoys bikes (actually he is more like a bike addict...) so I shared the eye candy. In particular, I commented on the SWEET Specialized Transition Comp which is somewhat out of my price range but worth dreaming for...and in return, he responded with a Challenge: If I take 1st place in my division of the half ironman, he'll buy the bike for me.

Hmmmm...How SWEET would that be? So the Challenge is ON! Start saving your money, Honey!

No comments: